South LA Ciclavia Wrap Up
Just some quick notes on the latest Ciclavia edition in South LA:
- One of my favorites ever. Maybe that’s a snap judgement, but I could have stayed at the Leimert Park Hub all day. Such a variety of great things going on. You probably didn’t need a bike!
- The Central Ave. Hub was great as well. I liked the large stretch of locally grown food. I wished the entertainment was a bit better laid out, but I’m being picky.
- The attendance might not have seen so high, but picked up as the day went by. I think a few factors was the distance from rail of any sort, particularly, the red line.
- A few of the restaurants I recommended weren’t open. Whoops. My bad. I also heard some complaining there were no bars on the route. Didn’t come from my mouth.
- It was another successful Ciclavia. At worst, it kept the momentum going, but branching out brought a new flavor to it. One that I think people will embrace.
Now onto the pics: